IHS Markit Online Community
December 16, 2017, 06:12:34 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register Petra v3.8.3 Petra Standard Edition (version 3.x)  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: What's New  (Read 5726 times)
wcrawford
« on: December 10, 2009, 04:50:51 PM »

Are you aware that the What's New for the newest release disappears after a day or two and you are directed to: http://energy.ihs.com/Products/PETRA/index.htm each time?

I have to download and install the newest release in a test environment to see the enhancements/bug fixes.  Okay, granted, I needed to do that anyway, but sometimes it's nice to be able to bring up that page and scroll through it real quick when you run across something weird to see if it's a known bug that's already been fixed.
Bob Meyer
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2009, 04:32:50 PM »

I haven't been able to reproduce what you are seeing. Are you saying that the tab labeled "Release Info" here in the PETRA forum takes you to a page with a link to what is new in PETRA, but that link breaks after a few days?

Thanks in advance for the additional info.
wcrawford
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2009, 08:45:37 AM »

Yes.  When I posted that, the link to https://petraftp.ihsenergy.com/Whatsnew.html was broken.  I couldn't access it at all last week and had to go ahead and download the new version to my test environment to see the list of bug fixes.  It seems to be working now, but this wasn't the first time the link has broken.

When a user sees something strange happening, I typically check the bug fixes to see if this is something that has already been addressed.
Bob Meyer
« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2009, 11:57:37 AM »

When a user sees something strange happening, I typically check the bug fixes to see if this is something that has already been addressed.

We need to encourage you (and others) to continue this approach. Wink

Our folks do work hard to minimize problems in the first place, but occasionally things creep in. The whole point of the "What's New" is to provide info to help streamline your efforts. Thanks again for the feedback.
CoreyMac
Petra SIG

Helpful Votes: 5

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2009, 10:01:28 AM »

It would be more helpful if the bug fixes actually gave details on the bugs so we could click a link for a more detailed description, examples, etc...  As it is now, all we can do is send in a request for more details on each bug.  This seems inefficient for the support staff as well as the customers.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: